3 day stone setting workshops with Marcus Foley at oneofftwo
13th - 15th April 2019
Learn tips and tricks that apply directly to your faceted stone bezel setting and your jewellery making in general during this 3 day intensive collet bezel setting workshop. Progress your skill level and take the appearance of your bezel setting of round and square faceted stones to a higher level. Cast silver settings and synthetic stones will be provided so bring along a few silver shanks so we will be able to quickly get into the setting itself. You should during the course of the workshop complete one of both round and square settings.
ROUND AND SQUARE BEZEL SETTING
TIPS & TRICKS TO BE COVERED
- shaping and sharpening a flat engraver
- carving seats with one engraver
- making your own setter (with a nail!)
- wax sticks for a better hold & security
- using a hammer hand-piece confidently
- filing, papering and polishing for the sharpest finish
To enrol please complete this form and choose to pay deposit or early-bird payment with your on-line banking and we will email you an invoice with our direct credit bank details
if that doesn't suit please call us for other payment options ie credit card over the phone.
total cost of 3 day workshop is $480,-
A deposit of $240 will secure your place
and remainder of $240,- payable on arrival
Earlybird payment in full by 15th March - $450,- save $30,-
If you have any queries please call Marcus on 5156 3270 or write to us using the contact page
The workshops will run 10 till 4 each day and will be for up to 4 participants.
We will provide:
- a 6mm round and a 6mm square silver collet setting. (extra 5,6,7 & 8mm square silver collet settings may be purchased)
- 2 synthetic stones.
- 2 flexi-drives and 1 hammer hand-piece to share (please bring if you also have one to share)
- timber dowel & wax for wax stick.
- timber handle and concrete nail for making a setting tool.
- requisite cuppas and a beautiful, relaxing environment.
- if you want to make rings something to solder your settings to ie. silver ring shanks (say 3 to 4mm profile width and 2mm min. thickness) or simply some sheet that will help secure the setting into the wax stick.
- saw blades & frame.
- a 1.5mm to 1.8mm flat (with parallel or slightly tapering sides) engraver.
- a #1 or #2 and a #3 barrette needle files and an old worn out barrette file if you have it (for a trick!)
- your bezel setting tool - if you have one otherwise we’ll make one.
- any eye-wear ie. loupes or magnifiers you use when setting.
- plus any other of your usual hand tools used when ring making.
- lunch, as there are no shops nearby.
Please wear covered shoes and be prepared to tie long hair back.
For those of you looking for accommodation options we can highly recommend Jetty Road Retreat or on airbnb a great little cottage as both are fantastic. They are clean, groovy and have stunning views of the lakes, islands and ocean. Best of all they are both only a short drive or walk from our studio.
Alternatively, if you feel like you really deserve to spoil yourself then head to Goldsmiths in the Forest for hosted accommodation featuring wonderful food and a beautiful, private rain-forest location that is only a short 15 minute drive through the Colquhoun forest away from oneofftwo.
And if your partner is lucky enough to be traveling with you then they will have plenty to occupy their time whilst you are busy in the workshop. Nungurner provides plenty of outdoorsy activities including fishing, swimming, sailing and kayaking on and in the lake. Bush-walking and mountain-biking in the nearby Colquhoun forest is really great and there are two other MTB parks, each less than an hour away. Surfing at Red Bluff near Lakes Entrance is hoot when the swell is up too - so pack your car with all the gear for a wonderful break!